This step-by-step guide will walk you through creating an employee sync integration with 7shifts through the 7shifts REST API.
This section requires an understanding of how to map locations, departments, and roles.
Upon completion of this guide, you will have created an integration that can interact with the 7shifts platform as follows:
- Establish entity mapping between your system & 7shifts.
- Create employee data & assignments in 7shifts.
- Update existing employee data & assignments in 7shifts.
- Update assignment data for existing employees in 7shifts.
- Read employee data & wage assignments from 7shifts.
- Ability to create new employees in your system and having them show up in 7shifts with proper role & wage data
- Ability to update existing 7shifts employee data to reflect changes from your system
- Ability to read employee & wage data from 7shifts
- An API key for a test/sandbox 7shifts account.
- cURL or Postman to make test requests.
- You may only make 10 requests per second per token across all API endpoints.
- You must ensure that only Employee profiles are being synced through this integration, and no Admin, Manager or Assistant Manager profiles are being synced.
The employee sync integration ensures that employee data remains consistent between your system and 7shifts. This involves creating or updating employee data in 7shifts when there’s an update to employee data in your system.
You will be interacting with the following 7shifts API endpoints for building this integration:
This integration guide doesn’t cover every employee sync possibility. Here are some of the limitations you should note:
- Only the following information will be synced through this integration:
- First name
- Last name
- Email (must not be updated after the first time)
- Active/Inactive state
- Role Assignment
- Department Assignment
- Location Assignment
- Wage Assignment
- Only profiles with the 7shifts user type Employee can be created. Admin, Manager & Assistant Manager profiles cannot be created through this integration because of permission-related intricacies in the 7shifts platform.
Updated about 2 months ago