We use these terms a lot in our guides, let's explain them briefly.
- The primary account of a customer. A company is a grouping of locations. It houses users, locations, and top-level settings that configure an account.
- The physical brick & mortar of a restaurant.
- These are sections of a restaurant.
- Examples: Back of House, Front of House, Kitchen, Drive-through
- A role describes what job an employee is working that day.
- Examples: Server, Prep Cook, etc.
- Users (aka. Employee) is typically assigned to one or many locations, departments, and roles, and shows up for their scheduled shifts, and clocks in / out accordingly.
- A user is scheduled to work a role at a location, likely in a department, at a specific time. This is their shift.
- Time Punch
- Time punches represent clock actions, including breaks, attestation, health checks, and various other jurisdictional compliance data.
- A user clocks in and out of their scheduled shift.
Updated 7 months ago