This step-by-step guide will walk you through creating a sales integration with 7shifts through the 7shifts REST API. A common use of a sales integration is when a third-party POS wants to integrate with 7shifts.
This section requires an understanding of how to map locations.
Upon completion of this guide, you will have created an integration that can interact with the 7shifts platform as follows:
- Establish location mapping between your system & 7shifts
- Create sales receipts
- Update previously-created sales receipts
- Send historical sales data
- Ability to see actual sales data in different parts of 7shifts
- Having sales forecasted within 7shifts with 95% accuracy
- Ability to schedule employees based on accurate sales forecasts
You’ll need the following to get familiar with the 7shifts API and to make test requests:
- OAuth client ID & client secret for your integration
- Company GUID for a test/sandbox 7shifts account
- cURL or Postman to make test requests
You may only make 10 requests per second per access token across all API endpoints
The sales integration involves creating a sales receipt in 7shifts as soon as a receipt is opened within your system. From that point on, any subsequent updates to the receipt in your system will be reflected on the corresponding receipt in 7shifts as well.
You will be interacting with the following 7shifts API endpoints for building this integration:
Updated about 2 months ago